Monday, July 11, 2011

Cindy in Chicago - No Mo'

Thursday
6-23-2011

So everyone noticed that Day Ten of Freedom was my last post for quite a while. The next day, I ended up with John in a Chicago taxi at 1:30 AM on my way to the ER with a high fever of 103. I spent five more days in the hospital with everyone trying to figure out what was wrong with me. It was just this mysterious fever that comes sometimes after a pancreas alone transplant. I was sent home on a Saturday since all they were doing was giving me fluid and Tylenol.

Sunday morning, the very next morning, I woke up with a fever of 104.5 Walked out to the kitchen to tell John he needed to get me to the ER and passed out. John had to call 911. I was in another four days before getting discharged. We took the train home and as we walked back to the apartment, I had to stop and hug every other tree!

There is so much more to tell. I've been home in Spokane an entire 4 weeks today and tomorrow will be only 8 weeks since the transplant. I'm finally, for 2 days now, able to stand and move without wanting to pass out. So much to tell. I'm going to start posting again.

For now, I had a great weekend this past July 9-10. Here's some pics. 8^)

A relaxing swim!

Finally--sunshine!


Resort style dinner outside on deck: corn crusted Tilapia, vegetables from the market cooked Mediterranean style, fresh cantaloupe, and Timothy's decaf coffee.





Visit me at http://www.cindyscinto.com

2 comments:

  1. Keep sluggin', slugger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TANX Deb! I absolutely know I'm not doing all this--the Lord is definitely holding my arms up! (Wow, two strong "ly" words in a row!)

    ReplyDelete