Saturday, December 31, 2011

Okay, Here We Come 2012

I'm hanging low today. Still recovering from 20+ stitches after a cancer surgery. Thinking of the events of 2011 and being melancholy. I'm only here to write this because of a 13 year old girl who died trying to save her 4 year old cousin from a drunk driver. On May 12, 2011, I received her pancreas. I wouldn't have lived much longer without the transplant. I also received a heart in 2005. Her family is grieving as they move into 2012. I'm going to ignore the passage of a numeric date and instead wake up to a new day and a new opportunity to be filled with life and joy.


Visit me at http://www.cindyscinto.com

1 comment:

  1. I think about that little girl and knowing her family gave you the chance as well as others to live a better life through their sorrow.
    Out of bad, the Lord will make good.
    I hope that her family knows that she is alive in the minds of many by their actions of of donating her organs. Even though she no longer is alive, she has given life to others.
    Continue to fight, and know you are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete