Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cindy in Chicago - Day Five

Average wait time at the University of IL: 180 days. Days I've waited on the list: 172
Tuesday
4-26-2011

It's still gray and rainy out.

Too much partying last night--slept past my alarm.

Anyways... I'm working on editing today for my teen writers, uploading changes for book two to my publisher, telecon at 4:00 PM with a publicist, and lots of writing to get done.
* * *
I got busy and then had some phone calls so couldn't post by the afternoon. I'm using my iPhone plugged into my mini to get a connection. It actually works great--like a LAN most of the time. Slows down at night. Disconnects if I take a phone call. Ahhhh...I see the headline...

New AT&T iPhone Commercial “Talk & Surf” Fires Back at Verizon

2-4-2011 -  AT&T has released a new iPhone commercial that jabs at the Verizon network. The commercial features a guy making last minute dinner reservations on his iPhone while chatting on the phone to his partner. The point of the commercial is to brag about AT&T’s ability to use voice and data concurrently, ending with “only AT&T’s network lets your iPhone talk and surf at the same time.”

It’s kind of funny watching the two major US iPhone carriers fight it out over commercials, and Apple is happily caught in the middle here since the product being sold is always the iPhone, the competition is between service. 
I have Verizon...
* * *

Got some work done today. Chatted with the designer at my publisher about book two's cover, and had a fantastic telecon at 4:00 PM with my hopefully new publicist. I love her! Of course, we will resume talks after the new pancreas. Yikes, sounds like I'm on maternity leave.



What will tomorrow bring? What may tonight bring? A call? A pancreas? A tragic death of someone out there. Sad for the family, happy for me, sad for me.


Visit me at http://www.cindyscinto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment