Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cindy in Chicago - Day Six

Average wait time at the University of IL: 180 days. Days I've waited on the list: 173
Wednesday
4-27-2011

It's still gray and rainy out.

Oooops...have to do some rearranging. Be back later tonight.

* * *

Wow, Okay, I'm back. Had a rough day today. You'd think I could just be sick in a peaceful way. Oh well, such is the way things can go. I haven't heard from the gals at the hospital yet. Need to have two tests done and they'd like to get them scheduled before I get called for a pancreas. So...I'm waiting...and waiting...

For now, lot's to do to keep me busy. I'm in a hotel off of Naperville Rd. and think I'll take a walk to explore tomorrow. Kind of got off keel a bit so bear with me.

Had a great friend from Iowa meet with me today. Haven't seen him in two years. Love that guy. We chatted and caught up in a short hour and a half visit. Funny how when I'm traveling for business on my book tours and for speaking events, I don't feel as lonely as I do tonight. The busyness of traveling and planning keeps me occupied. Having a purpose makes the tired a good tired.

So I may have to find something else outside this hotel room for me to be occupied with. I'll let you know when I come up with something. For now, here's some recent advice I learned:

Advice For Life:
  1. Remember, when you go into a new situation, not everything is absolute.
  2. Faced with an aggravating dilemma? Don't get frustrated or fight it. Life is too short.
  3. Raining out again? How do you think the earth gets green?
  4. Hash browns soggy and cold? At least there's food on the plate.
  5. A simple trick with string and a bobbin beats a video game any day.
  6. What's a cell phone?
  7. When you win the chocolate bar at Bingo, the decent thing to do is share it with the loser next to you.


Visit me at http://www.cindyscinto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment