Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cindy in Chicago - Day One

Average wait time at the University of IL: 180 days. Days I've waited on the list: 168
Friday
April 22, 2011

The taxi ride from Chicago's Midway airport to Wheaton, Illinois took 35 minutes and $93.00. If the driver would have listened to Brenda, my iPhone's GPS navigator, it would have saved me $15.00. I think he got lost on purpose. Good thing I had Biker Gumby to protect me.

I'm here, far from my home in Spokane, Washington--again. I need a life saving organ transplant--again. A heart in 2005 and now a pancreas in 2011, hopefully. I'm tired and lonely. But the accommodations are fantastic compared to where I stayed the week before when I was here for testing. I was directed by a patient services department to a cheap room in South Chicago, in a neighborhood where gun shots ring out during the day, where short little white girls are not supposed to walk the streets, and where dusk means get home fast.


Visit me at http://www.cindyscinto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment